Trying to manage risk with the coronavirus ....
At Christ Church Walshaw we are trying to reduce the chance of members of our church family and wider community catching the coronavirus:
- as with all other churches in the Church of England public worship at Christ Church Walshaw is suspended until further notice. This means there will be no services on a Sunday as well as no baptisms, weddings or funerals in the church building. Steve is / will be in touch with those affected by this guidance from the Church of England.
Funerals will be conducted by Steve. However these will be at the graveside or at the crematorium with only immediate family in attendance while observing the social distancing guidelines. It is hoped that once the coronavirus situation has come to an end it will be possible to have a remembrance service in church for those who have died during this very difficult time.
- it is no longer possible to have the church building open for private prayer
- small group meetings have been suspended until further notice. We are confident members will encourage, care and pray for one another at this time
- at Baby & Toddler Group we have made the very difficult decision to suspend the sessions until at least after Easter. While concerned for the well being of everyone we are especially mindful that a number of our team plus a number of carers fall into the 'vulnerable' group set out by the government. We do hope you all have a great Easter. and that you all stay well. IN the meantime please follow us on FaceBook and Twitter as we will be posting videos of stores and songs for the children from time to time.
- concerned about the well being of members of our Walshaw Community Choir we have also decided to suspend rehearsals until further notice. We would encourage members of the choir to take care of one another and to pray for one another too.
- the planned 'Faith at the Musicals' event has been postponed after discussion with our partner Tearfund (see here for more information).
- our Lent course on Saturday mornings at the Victoria Walshaw, which has been going so well, is also suspended for now. We will be continuing our study of Hebrews as soon as we are able ... probably after Easter at the earliest
- the planned brass band concert with the British Army Band Catterick has been cancelled ... we would hope to host this event the same time next year
As the situation changes we will continue to review what we do and how we do it and we will update this site on a regular basis. In the meantime please be assured of our prayers.
During the Coronavirus situation, for information about how Christ Church Walshaw is 'open for business' but not 'business as usual' ... including prayer resouces, worship videos, Baby & Toddler Group videos, and more ... please click here